Countries As Partners
The END program is different from many global health initiatives in that the beneficiary countries are truly in the lead. They do their own forecasting and decide how many drugs are needed to prevent NTDs in their countries. They tell FHI 360 and END program partners how much and what types of technical assistance and training they need. They budget, allocate and manage financial and human resources with two goals in mind:
- Optimizing the integration of their national NTD control programs.
- Strengthening national health systems and capacity by providing sustainable support for intra-country coordinating committees (ICCCs), national NTD control programs, the MOH, and related national entities.
Map of Africa
END in Africa Countries
Photo Credit: Yaobi Zhang, Helen Keller International
- Thanks to @CDCGlobal, @TFGH, @gatesfoundation, @CNTD_LSTM, @Sightsavers, @WHO, @arntd_org for your expert contribut… https://t.co/3GGrqKePFl
- RT @HelenKellerIntl: We are also excited to be part of this bold new partnership to accelerate momentum toward controlling and/or eliminati…
- RT @TchuemTchuente: MoH delegates from 11 African countries, partners & donors are gathered in Accra for 2 days to close the @USAID -funded…